The Mazda Building Scheme consisted of the conversion of existing offices to a retail unit with 3 apartments above the Campo Lane frontage and the conversion of the Victorian Warehouse premises on the St Peters close frontage to form offices at Basement and Groundfloor levels together with 9 apartments on the upper floors.
The buildings all fall within the Cathedral Conservation area, the Campo Lane façade dates back to 1920 and is brick with decorative ashlar stone and a flat asphalt roof behind the parapet. The section of the building on the St Peters close frontage is brickwork with stone cills, mullions and string courses. The roof is of pitched slate construction to a curved plan under substantial timber trusses. A section of the basement vaulting was removed to form a new access and stairs to the offices and the existing passageway forming the resident's entrance. The internal floors are linked with a wide cantilevered 1920's terrazzo staircase which has been tastefully refurbished.
The works included:
CITTA DEVELOPMENTS LTD
Form of contract: